One of the first things you can do to insure your health is to drink enough water. Water is so important for your body! 70% of our body is water and we need to replenish it every day. Drinking water does more than just quench your thirst it is vital to your health and keeping your body functioning properly. We all lose water throughout the day through our bodily functions so it’s important to replace it consistently.
Here are just a few things water does for your body:
- It carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells
- It regulates the temperature of your body
- It lubricates your joints
- It protects your joints and tissue
- It helps to dissolve nutrients and minerals so they are more readily accessible to your body
- It flushes out waste products making it easier for your kidneys and liver to function properly
- It moistens the tissues in your eyes, mouth and nose
- It boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight
- It helps your body digest the foods you eat
- It helps brain function
The Mayo Clinic suggests that women drink a minimum of 11.5 cups a day and men drink a minimum of 15.5 cups per day. WebMD and many doctors you suggest you drink 1/2 -1 oz of water for every pound you weigh. For example if you weigh 150 pounds you should drink between 75-150 oz of water every day. Keep track of the water you drink every day and increase it as necessary.
The quality of the water you drink is important as well. Spring water is the best water as it carries vital nutrients as it moves through you. It has the rich mineral profile that our bodies need. The higher the quality of water the better it is for your taste buds and for your whole body. So drink up and make sure you drink plenty of water every day.